Are you trying to cut down on meat? Are you a vegetarian and you feel you have run out of ideas when cooking? If you want to know which ingredients you can use to make your dishes more appealing, continue reading and you will find it out. And, of course, don’t forget to check with your nutritionist.
Let’s Talk About Rice
Rice is one of the chosen staples in many countries’ diets. Evidently, it is a great option, thanks to its versatility: rice pairs amazingly well with any other ingredient.
Apart from that, there is a huge amount of rice varieties that can be used to cook different recipes, among which you can find white rice, Jasmine rice, Basmati rice or brown rice. If you want to try a new recipe with brown rice as the main ingredient, you should make some vegan meatloaf recipes. This option is exquisite to be served as a main dish at a dinner and it is made out of very simple ingredients.
What About Beans?
Beans are another practical and healthy option. Let’s give it a thought.
There are loads of bean varieties, such as lima beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, and black beans, among others. This makes beans a very practical staple that can be used in salads, sauces, hummus, or soups. You name it, beans pair it.
Another upside is the fact that beans are usually inexpensive, so they can also help you save some money when going to the market.
Fruits And Vegetables
Everybody knows fruits and vegetables are some of the most popular staples in vegetarian diets, and that they are also very good for your health.
However, there are interesting ways of combining them that are quite original. It’s just a matter of thinking a little bit out of the box.
Let’s Head Off To The Kitchen
Today, you are going to learn to make a salad that is ideal for those warm days in which you are willing to have something fresh and light for lunch and you don’t have a clue about what to prepare.
What you are going to need
- 1 cup of carrots.
- ½ cup of peas.
- 1 banana.
- 1 tart apple.
- 1 cup of cooked rice.
- Juice from 1 lemon.
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- 3 tablespoons of whipped cream.
- A pinch of salt.
- A pinch of pepper.
Step By Step
- To begin with, take a pot and boil some water with a pinch of salt. Add the chopped carrots and peas and cook them for a couple of minutes.
- Then, mix the vegetables with the previously cooked rice in a bowl.
- After that, cut the banana and the apple into small pieces and add them to the rice preparation. Sprinkle it with lemon juice.
- Finally, prepare a smooth sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, the sour cream, the salt, and the pepper. Add it to the salad and season it with pepper to taste.
- Serving the salad with flatbread is a good choice if desired.
- Once the salad is ready, you can let it sit for about half an hour. This way, the overall flavor of the dish is going to be enhanced.
- Always remember that cooking is about being creative. So, don’t be afraid of changing the recipe a little bit and adding your favorite fruits and vegetables.h
- If you want to give the dish a unique touch, add some toasted walnuts or nuts to it. That special crunch is going to make a huge difference!
- This recipe can be even healthier if you use brown rice instead of white rice since brown rice has greater amounts of fiber.
You may have run out of ideas, but with these four key ingredients now you can let your creativity play its part and you can combine them in various ways.
Adding your personal touch by seasoning your dishes with your preferred spices or sauces is an important step in cooking that may be overrated just because it is a detail, but it really makes the difference.
So, let’s go and check in your cupboard if you have these basic staples that will save your day sooner or later! It is always useful to have them at hand in your kitchen.
Combine them as you like them more and start enjoying new recipes and, why not, new moments with your beloved ones!