Vape Juice: What Is It?

Foodby Mashum Mollah12 December 2020

Vape Juice

Vape juice, e-juice, e-liquid, or vapor-liquid – called by many names and available in various flavors, it is a vaping substance used in many forms of vaporizers and box mods to create vapor. As more and more people opt for alternatives to cigarettes,  it is also gaining many fans despite containing nicotine.

Here is a short piece of information on vape juice, its uses, ingredients, and popular flavors.

What Is In Vape Juice?

Vape juice is predominantly made of either of two major ingredients, vegetable glycerin (VG) or Propylene glycol (PG). Besides this active ingredient, water, flavoring substances, and nicotine may be added to enhance the flavor and required effect from vaping.

In general, flavors, food-grade products, and nicotine form 10% of the total vape juice ingredients, while the remaining 90% consist of the PG or VG fluid.

The PG or VG liquid is what aids in making the vape juice consumable by evaporation.

Propylene Glycol (PG)

PG is basically a humidifier used as part of many food products and pharmaceuticals that need to be consumed in vapor form. It is easily ingestible and helps enhance the taste and qualities of food flavors. It is also safer than VG as it is less dense.  It can work like alcohol, is odorless but has a kind of sweet taste. It may also be used as a minor ingredient in antifreeze products.

As it produces less visible vapor than VG, it is not usually used for forming massive clouds.

Vegetable Glycerin (VG)

VG is an alternative to PG that is usually preferred when bigger and denser clouds are preferred. It is non-toxic, odorless, and colorless. This is also an alcohol and is manufactured entirely from vegetables. Some atomizers may not work well with VG-based vape juices and get clogged up. VG is also used in a variety of pharma products.

Vape E Juice Flavors

Almost all of the vape juices available in the market carry a delicious flavor thanks to the food-grade flavors. But nothing is as delectable as Geek Bar Pulse 15000. As PG and VG have little to no flavor to themselves, adding flavors makes it more enjoyable. Some of the popular flavors in use are:

Some flavors may be safe to eat but not to inhale like the diacetyl, so one should be careful not to add store-bought food flavorings to their vape juice.

How Many Mg Of Nicotine In Vape Juice?

The next important ingredient of vape juice is nicotine. While there are vape juices with zero nicotine levels, the most popular ones do contain nicotine. Nicotine is a chemical substance that can be toxic in high doses, but low and proper dosage levels can give a good kick to the vaping experience. It can also be addictive. Hence it must be consumed in moderation to avoid long-term effects.

The usual nicotine levels in commercial vape juice products range from zero nicotine, 3 mg, 6 mg, 12 mg, and 18 mg per 1ml of the vape liquid. Higher levels up to 36 mg are rare but can be found in the market.

Nicotine can also be added to the vape juice in the form of nicotine salts, which are processed nicotine that contain both nicotine and organic compounds, unlike the usual freebase nicotine used. Nicotine salts are preferred by people who like a smooth and less harsh effect on their throat. The nicotine levels in nicotine salts range from 25mG/mL to 50mg/mL.

To reduce one’s nicotine intake, they should gradually reduce their vaping nicotine levels over time and switch to safer zero nicotine vape juice.

Read Also:

Mashum Mollah

Mashum Mollah is the man behind TheDailyNotes. He loves sharing his experiences on popular sites- Mashum Mollah, etc.

View All Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like