There is an endless number of advantages of learning software engineering from a mentor. An online program knows that: they’ll match all their software engineering students online with their own personal mentor. Mentors will act as a sounding board, coach, and guide, while students complete their course; they are always available to listen, help, and impart valuable insight garnered over years of experience. There are several methods of learning software engineering. Here are 3 reasons to use an online program to find the best tech job:
Mentors Can Fine-Tune Your Software Engineering Skills
Making a piece of code work is not necessarily the same as writing high-quality code. For example, Python may be among the easier languages to work with and learn. But being ‘Pythonic’ will require that you stick to standards and follow all best practices held in high regard among the community of Python programmers.
When you are learning by yourself, you may miss out on the finer points of production-ready code. A Pathrise mentor will fix that.
- They’ll keep you from repeating their mistakes, enabling you to make your own
- They’ll guide you towards making code that works yet also is maintainable and free of bugs in the long-haul
- They’ll point out small stylistic refraction and errors
- Mentors will identify all inefficiencies in your process of coding and help to solve them
Transitioning from learning over to a software engineering career requires more know-how than what it’s possible to find in a curriculum. Mentors will ensure that you have accessibility to that knowledge and show you how you can benefit from it.
Mentors Hold Students Accountable
It isn’t easy to hold yourself accountable while learning software engineering. But, with a Pathrise mentor, you’ll have a rich loop of feedback, in addition to an accountability partnership that keeps you moving ahead in your journey.
- Mentors will tell you the truth even if it is difficult to hear
- They’ll help you assess your progress then recalibrate as necessary
- They’ll know when you are reluctant then encourage you to take greater risks
Long-range assignments are more difficult than you want to believe. A Pathrise mentor helps you remain on track.
Mentors will inspire
The Pathrise mentor may be a source of inspiration once a problem is especially challenging to solve and the process of coding becomes repetitive.
- Mentors will connect you to potential collaborators and the proper resources
- Mentors act as a sounding board as you flesh your own problems out—maybe even point out some logical inconsistencies
- Mentors provide insights into your industry you may not know about
A Pathrise mentor is already in the future you want to make for yourself. They’re evidence that it is achievable and inspiration that will keep going.
Prepared To Change Careers To Software Engineering?
An online program provides a software engineering Bootcamp. You will work with a mentor to learn critical components of back-end web development, front-end web development, algorithms, data structures, and databases. Modules involve career-related coursework, projects, practice exercises, and learning resources.