The EPFO E-Sewa portal of the Employee Provident Fund Organization introduces a paperless facility to register and access the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) services. Additionally, the employer can pay for EPF either through internet banking or challan.
However, to use this facility the employer needs to register the company using the portal by setting up a username and password. After registration, any employee of the company can upload an electronic return that needs to be approved by the employer. This article talks at length about how to use the EPFO E-sewa portal.
By EPF & MP Act, 1952 registration on employee provident fund is mandatory in the following cases:
- If there are 20+ employees
- If the employee count falls below 20 the company will still be governed by EPF & MP Act, 1952
What Are The Advantages Of E-Sewa For The Employees?
The E-Sewa For The Employees is a simple process where the employees can access their provident fund. The remote access to the portal is the biggest advantage. The government terms and the conditions are looked after by this portal.
After you submit the organization’s names and the Employees id, you can see the return. And after only approval by the employees, the company is getting back the electronic return of the investments.
Here are the few attractive features and the advantages of using the EPFO.
- The EPFO E-Sewa portal is a gateway to the world of e-governance for all its members.
- The portal offers a lot of facilities to all, from employers to employees. It eases the work of an employer as he is not required to submit the physical forms, nor does he have to ask his employees for it. Instant SMS alerts are sent out after the payment and hence the employer is always updated.
- Members can register themselves on this portal which is a great boon for them. The facility on the E-Sewa portal provides for online submission of forms 5, 10, 12A, and 3A. The employees need not visit the EPF office in person anymore. And they can do it themselves with the comfort of their homes or offices. Thee-sewa user can submit data and get his account statement, annual accounts data, and other returns like Form 6A, 3C, etc., easily. The complete process is done in a very short period. All one needs to do is log into the E-sewa portal and follow some simple steps to submit his/her data online.
- Keeping track of your provident fund is very easy now with the help of this portal. For cross-checking and verifying the calculations, you can use the take-home salary calculator India at Khatabook.
How To Apply For The E-Sewa Facility?
You have to first register the EPFO E-Sewa facility. Then you can process the electronic return. How to register at the E-Sewa facility? Here is the whole guidance for it. Read it and know how to register in the E-Sewa facility.
To register at the E-sewa facility your organization needs to register using the following steps:
1. Visit the URL of the registration portal
2. Enter the following details:
- Name of the company
- Mobile number
- Email id
3. After that enter the captcha and then submit
4. Once you successfully submit the form a verification mail with a link will be sent to the email you just entered
5. You need to open your email and click the link.
6. After clicking the link, enter the values in the mandatory fields, attach the relevant documents along with proof of address and employment details.
7. Once you enter all the mandatory fields you will need to create a permanent username and a new password for logging in.
8. After that you can submit the form and it will go forward for processing and verification.
Want to register in the EPFO process? Follow this guidance and register on the platform. And if you are currently using the platform, Then, comment back to us and let us know your experiences through the comment sections.