Anything that is not a normal body condition should get your attention. Knee pain is a quite common condition that affects people regardless of their age. It may be a consequence of an injury, ligament, or cartilage tearing. Moreover, many medical conditions such as arthritis, gout, and infections can also result in knee pain.
It is better to cure it early to avoid related complications that may develop if this condition persists for long. Kinesiology Tape for your knee can protect you from chronic knee pain without costing much.
What are the symptoms of knee pain?
Before discussing the complications, you should know the symptoms that will help you to diagnose knee pain. Some most common symptoms of knee pain include:
- Swelling and stiffness
- Redness due to inflammation
- Weakness and pain
- Inability to move your knee properly
Is this a condition to worry about much?
Knee injuries result in knee pain. And these knee injuries vary from mild to severe. Mild injuries are often not a thing to worry about, as they can easily be treated with proper care and prescriptions.
But not all knee injuries are mild. Knee pain resulting due to serious medical conditions such as osteoarthritis can cause severe pain. In such conditions, the movement of the knee joints can be restricted considerably.
In chronic conditions, you should go for immediate medical assistance. If the condition remains untreated, then the chances of having this condition in the future as good increases.
What are the risk factors for knee pain?
Many factors contribute to painful knee problems, including:
- Being overweight- If you’re over-weight, then you are at a greater risk of developing knee problems. Your knee joints have to carry more weight even during routine activities such as walking.
- The decrease in muscle flexibility and strength- Weak muscles offer less protection to your joints, and less flexibility decreases your ability to move freely. This increases the risk of knee injuries.
- Sudden stretches- Sudden stretches may occur during sports or running. They result in more pressure on your knee joints, which causes them to ache.
- Previous injuries- If you have any previous injures, then there are more chances of having knee injuries due to the weakening of joints.
When do you need to go to the doctor?
As knee injuries range from mild to severe, so you won’t have to go to a doctor every time you feel pain in your knee. But, when you feel the following conditions, then you should immediately get yourself checked by a doctor:
- Inability to put weight on your knee due to pain and discomfort.
- Have a visible and painful inflammation.
- Unable to move your knee freely.
- Observe an obvious deformity in your knee.
- Have unbearable pain in your knee that is associated with an injury.
How can you prevent this knee pain?
You can prevent knee pain by the following measures:
- Maintain normal body weight.
- Stay physically active
- Don’t over-stretch your body during exercise.
- Workout regularly to keep to muscles strong.