The military’s level 4 plate carrier installation is used to secure the lower portion of their vehicle. This plate carrier level allows the soldiers to quickly change out the upper half of their plate when the situation calls for it. These are also commonly used by police forces. They offer the strength needed to secure the front of the vehicle in addition to the back.
The Advantages Of Level four Plate Carrier Installation
There are some advantages to using the level four plate carrier installation. Here are three significant benefits of installing the level four plate carrier.
- One advantage is the ability to transfer between different types of plate carriers quickly.
- Another advantage is that the lower half of the plate can have a different look than the upper half.
- A level 4 plate carrier is usually made up of a reinforced steel frame with four adjustable straps or clamps. The four straps or clamps are also often found on other types of body armor carriers.
The Internal Structure Of The Level Four Plate Carrier
This carrier installer often has two points of attachment along with the frame. These attachment points are designed to withstand impact and provide a place to insert the body armor plates into the vehicle.
Here is the internal structure of the carrier. Take a look before carrier installation.
- The frame is supported by a steel pin. Some of these carriers can even support the upper half of the body armor plates. To carry out the initial installation of body armor, a level four carrier is an essential element.
- An aluminum carrier is also used to support the body armor. The aluminum frame can support the plate to a greater extent. This allows the plates to be installed more securely. The aluminum plates will then be installed on top of the steel pin. Ensuring that the plate assembly is adequately secure with the carrier’s frame is fitted with a hex key.
- The hex key is used to unlock the carrier allowing it to be removed from the vehicle. The frame and the straps are then reinstalled. When performing the carrier installation on the vehicle, the vehicle must be leveled.
It is also essential that the frame is aligned to the correct degree. If this is not done, it can lead to an accident. A high level of clearance is also required.
How To Assemble A Level Four Plate Carrier?
It is very important that the level four plate carrier has been assembled correctly. It is seen that most of the time, people try to install them without the proper tools. This leads to further complications and accidents.
You should assemble it correctly. This should include the installation of the screws and any other required hardware such as nuts and bolts. Use these tips for carrier installation.
- The installation process for this type of car accessory will involve using the right equipment. You will need an open ground to work on. Make sure that the surface you are working on is flat and level.
- The level of the surface you are using is significant because if you have to use a level, there will be no chance that the carrier assembly will fall off the car.
- Level four plate carrier assemblies are usually used for larger vehicles. However, they can also be used for small cars.
- The installation process should be left to the professionals. Only a professional will know how to install it properly. They have the right equipment and knowledge to do this.
The Challenges During Carrier Installation
In some cases, you may have to deal with the hassle of the installation. For instance, if you have a small car, then you may not have a lot of space. Therefore, the installation might prove difficult.
There are times when people opt for self-adhesive plates. However, if the car is not going to be driven on the streets, it would be better to leave this type of car accessory.
Before you begin the carrier installation, make sure that you remove the plastic trim from the car. You should also get rid of any scratches and dents.
If the car has been well maintained, then there will be no problem with the installation. However, if there have been some repairs done to the car, then you will have to take care of this. There is no sense in paying money if you end up damaging your car further.
Level four plate carriers are not as easy to handle as other accessories. This is because you will need to be careful in order not to damage the car. You should install the level four plate carrier installation after the paint of the car has dried completely. This will make it easier for you to carry out the entire task without any problems.