If your bathroom is looking a little tired, it might be time to give it a fresh look. A good place to start? Your walls. Inexpensive renovations like paint and new fixtures can breathe new life into even the most dated bedrooms and bathrooms. Here are some of my favorite affordable bathroom renovation ideas:
Update the Walls
- Replace the wallpaper. It may be a great design, but you’re tired of it. The best way to freshen up a bathroom is by updating the walls with something new. If you don’t want to invest in wallpaper, consider painting the walls a fresh coat of paint. If you do choose to go that route, make sure that you choose a color that will brighten up your space and get rid of any yellowed stains or discoloration caused by leaky faucets or other water damage over time.
- Replace old tiles with new ones. Tiles can come unglued from their backing due to moisture damage or just because they’re old! If yours are looking worn out and need replacing, look for matching colors and patterns before purchasing so everything looks seamless when it’s all said and done (and if possible).
Buy Drainage Grates
You need to buy drainage grates to stop flooding in the bathroom. It’s a good idea to get drain covers that are made of stainless steel or aluminum, as these materials can withstand corrosion and rust. You should also pick out a grate that has openings large enough for water to flow through freely without clogging up your pipes.
When selecting a cover, there are two important measurements you need to consider: diameter and depth (or height). The diameter is measured across the top surface of the grate; this measurement tells you how wide it will be when installed on your sink or tub drain. The depth refers only to the length of its vertical sides; it doesn’t matter whether your chosen grate has sloped or flat sides as long as they’re at least 7 inches deep (measured vertically).
Install Shower Screens
If you want to update your bathroom with a fresh look, consider installing a shower screen. This is an easy and cost-effective way to change the look of the space without having to remodel it.
If you’re thinking about shower screens installation, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Installation is quick and easy. Shower screens come in standard sizes that fit most showers, making it simple for anyone with basic DIY skills or an experienced contractor to do the job themselves. The unit can be installed on tile or glass walls using adhesives or screws (depending on what type of materials are being used).
Swap Out Artwork or Mirrors
- Replace artwork. Artwork is a great way to express your style and make the space feel fresh. However, no matter how much you love that framed print of a painting or poster, it’s time for a new look when it becomes worn or outdated.
- Replace mirrors. Mirrors can be used to make you feel like your bathroom is larger than it is and give the illusion of more light in darker rooms. Just remember that if you don’t have enough wall space to fit a mirror on each side of the sink area or around the entire perimeter of the room, move one piece out so they don’t all end up being placed in front of each other at some point (which will look awkward).
Opt for a Sliding Shower Screen
If you’re looking for the most affordable way to update your bathroom and give it a fresh look, try frameless sliding shower screens.
These simple screens can transform your bathroom into something modern and sleek while making it easier to clean than traditional curtains. They also provide you with better peace of mind, as they are much safer than traditional shower curtains which can get caught in drain grates or be pulled down by children.
You can choose from a range of styles and finishes including frosted glass options that allow light through but maintain privacy when needed, or clear glass screens that let in more natural light but will require more frequent cleaning due to fingerprints or smudges on the surface.
Install New Lighting
Did you know that most people spend about one-third of their lives in the bathroom? With that in mind, it’s important to make sure that your bathroom lighting is functional and pleasing. If you have old fixtures, consider replacing them with new ones so that each room gets its style.
This can be done by installing LED lighting or dimmable lighting throughout the space. If you want something more contemporary, consider smart lighting such as voice-activated lights (like Amazon Echo Dot) or even recessed ceiling lights like Lark Classic LED Recessed Ceiling Lights from Pendant Lighting Direct.
If you want a modern look with lots of light, track pendants are a great option because they provide plenty of illumination while still being sleek and minimalist in design. For an elegant vibe, choose pendants like these:
Add New Fixtures or Hardware
If there are old fixtures in your bathroom, consider replacing them with new ones that are more functional and stylish. If the existing hardware is worn out, this is another area where you can upgrade to something more modern. You can replace faucets, showerheads, mirrors—really anything that requires a screwdriver! Just make sure you know how to install it properly before attempting to do so yourself!
Replace Old Flooring with Stylish Tiles
You can give your bathroom a stylish, updated look by replacing old flooring with tiles. Tiles are available in many styles, colors, and textures, so there’s sure to be one that will suit your tastes. They come in many different shapes too, so you can find one that looks right for your space.
Tiles offer a quick way to update any room without breaking the bank since they’re easy to install and relatively budget-friendly. Tiles are also incredibly easy to clean—all you need is some soap and water!
Mix Up the Shower Curtain or Liner
Bathroom curtains are an easy way to brighten up a space, especially when you’re not ready for a total bathroom redesign. Switching out your shower curtain liner or curtain is one of the fastest ways to update the look and feel of your bathroom. Here’s how:
- Change Your Liner Color. If you have a white liner (or no liner at all), try adding something else that fits your style while giving the room an update.
- Add a New Shower Curtain. You can go with anything from floral or animal print to monochromatic or geometric designs—the options are endless! This is also an easy way to incorporate color without completely changing up your current flooring and tile choices.
- Add More Hooks & Rings. Along with switching up things like rugs and towels, if there aren’t enough hooks already in place as well as too many rings on shower curtains then this will help keep everything looking neat even when someone takes off their robe after getting out of the tub/shower!
Change out Your Showerhead to a Rainfall Style Showerhead
The first and most obvious change you can make to your bathroom is to change out the showerhead. It’s one of the easiest changes that will have the biggest impact on your bathroom.
Rainfall-style showerheads are more expensive than regular showerheads but they come in a range of styles and finishes from which to choose.
The main reason why people prefer these types of heads over other types is that they offer better performance: they are more efficient, quieter, and can be used with or without a handheld shower.
Are you thinking of bathroom and kitchen renovations in Western Sydney? We hope this list of bathroom renovation ideas has given you some inspiration, whether you’re looking to make over your entire bathroom or just touch up a few things. Remember that there’s no right or wrong way to do things—and if something doesn’t work out, don’t worry!
It’s all part of the process. If you run into any snags along the way, just remember that even we’ve had our share of mishaps (though we’re proud to say none have been as bad as when I accidentally glued some brand-new tiles on top of drywall). You’ll get through it, and when it comes time for your friends’ next big projects? We’ll be here helping them too!